Saturday, August 13, 2011

A True Masterpiece








I love love LOVE this time of year.
The weather is changing, the wardrobe revolutionises and the September Issues hit the shelves!
Admittedly, I spent a lot of money purchasing this years selection of autumn issues. I'm pouring over them as if I was back studying for the Leaving Cert - crazy, I know.

I am in awe.
I am in shock.
I am terrified.
I am intrigued.
I am astonished.
The list shall go on but my goodness have LOVE produced a breathtakingly androgynous yet beautiful editorial shoot for this quarterly's issue.
'What Lies Beneath' is saturated by dark and dreary wondrous images encapsulating perfectly the issues theme of dark obsessions, fetishism, elfin fairytales, unremarkable unassuming beauty that resembles a twisted tale of Alice in Wonderland.
It is AMAZING!

They say a picture says a thousand words, with a 46 page spread, words can't do this magnificent production justice.
Innocently guilty, modestly corrupt, smoulderingly angelic, the entire creative concept is extravagantly ironic.

This certainly takes high-end creativity to a whole new level.
Check it out!

***********
Photography by Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott
Fashion Editor Katie Grand

1 comment:

  1. Seen this the other day, its feckin BEAUTIFUL..!
    So magical and eerie, i love it
    x

    ReplyDelete