Monday, August 29, 2011

Berries, cherries and mustard!!!








It's that time of year, as I like to call it, transition time.
The sun is still peeping out and you want to grasp onto your summer wardrobe for a few more days, it's not yet cold enough to layer on the winter woollies, the toned down shades and amazing shearling and wool textures beckon but all you want to wear are your carefree simple summer dresses.
What does one do?

I am big on colour, tell me to wear an outfit of black and I struggle - I don't own enough of it!
Big up on my lust list lately are berry shades of maroon and burgundy, you could say typical autumnal shades but they are perfect transitionary pieces that can be worn all year round.
Add to that warm yellow shades in mustard and gold and you're decked out for the September that lies ahead.

An avid fan of shorts and playsuits, I refuse to pack them away just yet, so my best advice is to invest in some good tights, overknee socks and ankle socks to add substance to your outfit.
Wear wool jumpers over short shorts, add a navajo cape to a plain jumpsuit, inject florals and prints too.

I've rounded up a few high street pieces in my beloved mustard and maroon shades.
Wear with shades of navy and beige and my-oh-my, who is that ever so glamorous laydee across the street??

What are your key pieces for this time of year?

******************************************
Mustard Peacoat - Topshop
Oriental print wrap shorts - Topshop
Maroon Vintage-look embroidered shorts - Topshop
Mustard Crochet Jumper - River Island
Beige Floppy Vintage-look hat - River Island
Berry tone Playsuit - River Island

1 comment:

  1. Those shorts are beautiful!!
    And there's nothing better than a coat with a bow :D

    ReplyDelete