Sunday, February 26, 2012

A Stylist Sunday: Shoot 2

Today played host to another photo shoot as part of my fashion styling course.
Even though it is counted as an assignment, I never knew a funner or easier task that would eventually be graded. It definitely beats swallowing book after book for regurgitation come exam time!

Today's task was as follows:
Each stylist had to pick three era's of fashion to research, in my case I chose the 70s, 80s and 90s.
Based on each era, two moodboards had to be created, one capturing the style of the era and the other the hair and make-up trends of that time. Effectively six mood boards in total.
After that, we chose one specific era on which our shoot would be based and got the chance to shoot two looks.
I chose 90s grunge as my inspiration.

For the first look I wanted a really grungy, apathetic, moody look in terms of poses and styling.
I think my model, the wonderful Mary-Kate captured it just right.
The neon Doc Martens against the lycra leggings (of which I am OBSESSED with) worked so brilliantly under studio lights. The Silver Factory t-shirt added a new-age gothic feel, and the vintage army jacket encapsulated the 90s to a tee.

Here are some shots that I took behind the scenes.







The second look was more colourful, more fun and a little less dreary than the first. Think Prince of Bel Air meets Madonna. Poses were more quirky with cheeky grins, mischievous expressions and a little playfulness.
I  chose a full on multi-coloured tracksuit jacket which, again, photographed like a dream. Layered lots of denim in different shades, added lace, revealed the tummy, studs and crucifix galore and indeed the bicycle shorts. It ticked every 90s fashion box.

Let me know what you think!









All clothes models own/stylists own. 
Styling: Sinead Kelly
Model: Mary-Kate Lanigan




2 comments:

  1. loving the 80s trash vibe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! so different from what I would normally do but i LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete