Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The September Issue






Oh I love how September is fast approaching. New year in uni, new routine and most importantly new fashion trends! I love the smell of fresh magazines hot off the press, the awe and wonder that succumbs the reader and entrances them into their magical pages. Over the past fortnight I have been stocking up on magazines, crooning the pages, swooning over lust-haves and must haves, excitedly anticipating the autumn season to revolutionise my wardrobe once again.
First and foremost, the highly anticipated number one publication of the fall season is without a doubt Vogue (aka the Bible). Though Anna Wintour is not at the helm of British Vogue, this years issue does not fail to please. An iconic Kate Moss posing simplistically on the cover is amazing and the contents of the magazine do not fall short. Giving a complete, accurate and in-depth run through of all the catwalk looks for the coming season, and spectacular shoots (particularly that of Moss) by the famed Patrick Demarchelier, I don't want my cover to cover study of Vogue to come to an end.
In terms of Irish publications both Stellar and Irish Tatler have well and truly presented a magnificent array of the catwalk trends, high street takes on high fashion creations and the staple buys of the season ahead.
All these September issues highlight the revolution in ladies fashion with this season reforming trends, allowing the lady to be whoever she wants to be: an aviator, a minimalist, a new-age Grace Kelly? The options are endless yet stunningly powerful.
The season of the coat beckons, enjoy!

P.S. For those of you who haven't encountered the wonderous documentary titled The September Issue, I suggest you indulge and enjoy thoroughly.

1 comment:

  1. I am in love with the Louis Vuitton a/w collection! It is just so beautiful! Hope it trickles down into the high street fast so I can get my hands on something like it!

    ReplyDelete