Wednesday, June 2, 2010

My Humble Abode






Moving house has meant that I have been busy and without internet connection for the past few days so I have had no means to blog.
However, my new house has inspired this entry. I had to leave my campus residence for the summer and look for alternative accommidation, which is usually a dreaded task to undertake with the places you find being almost as dreadful! Not this time though. My new house is really lovely, brand new interior, modern, practical and it resembles a holiday home - I love it!
My new room as you can see from the pictures is really spacious. I have my own double bed for the first time ever, a TV, tons of storage space and I even have space for my mannequin stand and Audrey Hepburn Dressing Screen.
I finally have a fashion corner in my room! I only unpacked and arranged my room yesterday so it's still not finished. Never before have I had room for my dressing screen, a special gift from my Mam because she missed me when I didn't visit home for 5 weeks during the last semester, I cried when I saw it. My mannequin was aqcuired during another adventure with my Mam. We were in Avoca, one of my favourite places (see older post), when we spotted this mannequin. It is tweed and twine with a cream vintage-look stand. It was on display and we bought it literally from the window at a reduced price!
My room is an abundance of florals, the epitome of girliness and it's really relaxing. I love my new home!

1 comment:

  1. I love the mannequin!!! Tis so very pretty and I must have it... Sadly it will not fit in my room :(

    lovely little blog you got here, so strange to see someone I know with one but so very cool!

    ReplyDelete