Saturday, May 7, 2011

Alexander the Great




















I’m back, I’m inspired and I’m a working girl! My goodness things have changed over the past few months. Needless to say I have been run off my feet and poor littlemisspinki has suffered as a result.

I am finished life as a college student…sniff sniff tear, and I am now an intern in RTÉ. Going between news, entertainment and fashion, I’m getting a taste of the working world and the inside line to source the best material from around the world.

So this week we saw fashion’s elite turn out in force to celebrate the late ‘Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty’ at the Costume Institute Gala in New York.

The crème de la crème of A-list celebrities, supermodels, fashion designers, socialites, industry professionals and general hot babes were in attendance. My oh my, did they put their best Louboutin adorned foot forward. Karl Lagerfeld, Oscar de la Renta, Valentino were just some of the haute couture designers who came to the gala event. Every Hollywood icon was there to embrace the red carpet in romantic, dreamy gowns, only a peasant like myself could dream of!

I adored Blake Lively’s Grecian enchanted Chanel dress, Gwyneth Paltrow also caught my eye in her gold tone figure hugging number with thigh-high split. My absolute fav, now that’s a toughie…I’m going to have to choose Leelee Sobieski in that crisp cream gown an waisted gold belt, unusual yet classic and elegant. Or maybe, Chanel Iman, in this seasons white? I can't choose. Saying that, I loved most dresses and the general hot babes on show! The style was incredible. I was drooling seeing picture after picture. Jealous much? Me? Never!!

Nude, neutral hues were to be seen in abundance...this makes me very happy.

I threw in a pic of Chace Crawford for good measure - Ladies feast those eyes!

I can’t even imagine how spectacular the star-studded event must have been. For the past week I have been dragging my feet as I daydream about the day when I will own such a gown and appear on the arm of Mr. Lagerfeld himself…sigh!

Who was your favourite on the night???

No comments:

Post a Comment