Sunday, October 7, 2012

Wooly Jumpers

Heavy, hard-wearing knitwear is essentially a basic human right once the winter season kicks in. They say that a 'Winter Coat' is your main investment when it comes to initiating your new season wardrobe - this is how I feel about woolies.
Warm and cosy in a variety of shapes, styles and designs when it comes to knitwear variety is certainly available in abundance.
Over the past few years I have gathered quite an extensive collection of knitwear. Raiding the high street for good quality design, braving men's stores for that 'oversized' boyfriend fit, hitting up vintage shops tracking down one-of-a-kind knits that represent by-gone eras - it's all one big adventure.
Plus, the satisfaction of finding that ideal peace and relishing in it's newness makes it even more special.

However, I realize that there is a slight void when it comes to my wooly wardrobe - a sever lack of Irish made Aran knitwear. The shame!

So I have made a conscious decision. Rather than blowing my hard-earned dosh in Topshop or Urban Outfitters or wherever, I am going to keep it local.

Buy myself an authentic, hand-crafted, quintessentially Irish Aran cardigan.
Just in time for the Baltic season ahead!

In the meantime I have been rummaging online for such knitwear, have a peek:





All items from siopa.com an online haven for all luxurious Irish merchandise.

Now, which one to choose...decisions...

No comments:

Post a Comment